Selasa, 25 Maret 2014

I Need a Fancy Title for a Proper Post After a Long Hiatus, aaand It's Posted Anyway...

So yeah, it has been a couple of months after a "proper" post. The reason I am writing is because I am currently stressed of my Final Year Project (FYP). By ranting on the internet I hope I can oust my some of my stress away, thus a happier self.

So my FYP is about cancer modelling with some radiotherapy. I choose this topic because I am quite skeptical about the benefit of doing a proper physics project. Plus I always get nauseous whenever I dealt with some overly sophisticated physical concept that doesn't seem to be real for me. So here I am, doing some s**t which sounds like "curing cancer" and all.

Another background information, I was once accepted at one medical school in Indonesia yet I chose to study physics in NTU instead. The reason I chose physics? Because I was a naive kid who was obsessed with working at CERN without knowing the bloody path that I may need to go through. After reading some stuffs and not spending sufficient hours of studying quantum mechanics I decided that I won't be aiming for CERN anymore as a physicist (at least until now). So here I was, lost without internal motivation.

Now that I'm no longer that lost (or so I think), it feels like my FYP are taking some kind of revenge to me. Firstly, the topic is related to medical science. A subject where  need to rigorously read thick books and literature *BLAARGH*. Secondly, my supervisor requested that I need to add a simulation about radiation therapy. And guess what, it is basically branch of particle physics which is totally not my forte. It feels like I am being punched, a very strong one, right to my abdomen.

And by the time I write this paragraph I feel less stressed. Hey, it works! Wait, suddenly the thought of having deadlines come into my mind. Uh oh.

Gosh.

This picture pretty much sums it all.

1 komentar:

  1. Radioterapi juga bukan favorit gue. In fact, the whole radiology thing seems like a massive cloud for me.

    On another note, you absolutely didn't miss anything by not choosing medical school. Medical worker in Indonesia is one of the worst job ever. Underpaid, overworked, not to mention underappreciated. Haha *whiner*

    BalasHapus